Nothing is more important than providing youngsters with a safe and secure environment in which to participate in sport and physical recreation – and to reinforce and uphold this, Table Tennis Wales has achieved Level Two of the NSPCC Standards for Safeguarding Children in Sport.
Table Tennis Wales takes its duty of care to safeguard and protect the welfare of children participating in the sport extremely seriously – and it is bestowed into every member that it is their responsibility to help ensure that the highest standards of care are maintained, and any abuse is reported immediately.
In addition to the welfare of children, Table Tennis Wales also takes its responsibilities very seriously in terms of its duty to care to adults at risk and there are separate policies in place to reflect this area of safeguarding.
If you would like access to the information, Table Tennis Wales has a strict code of conduct, policies and procedures – all of which can be read in the accompanying pages. These are regularly monitored and updated, and we welcome any comments from adults and young people alike.
Table Tennis Wales also supports clubs to ensure their own policies and procedures are robust, and we liaise directly with them to provide this support. This is essential not only for the protection of children and adults but also for clubs and club organisers themselves.
Dave Loosmore is the Table Tennis Wales National Safeguarding Officer and he is responsible for providing help and advice to the table tennis community. You can contact Dave via email on email@example.com or telephone 07713501276.
POLICIES & DOCUMENTS
See our lists of documentation below, click to open and download!
PROCESS FOR RESPONDING TO CONCERNS ABOUT STAFF/VOLUNTEERS INVOLVING CHILDREN
- CMG Terms of Reference
- Confidentiality and Information Sharing
- DBS Policy
- Designated Roles and Responsibilities
- Recording, Storage and Destruction of Information
- Recruitment and Selection of Staff and Volunteers
- Responding, Recording and Reporting Concerns Procedure
- Safeguarding Adults Policy
- Safeguarding Children Policy
- Support Services Information for Children and Parents Policy
- Whistle Blowing Policy
PROCESS FOR RESPONDING TO CONCERNS ABOUT STAFF/VOLUNTEERS INVOLVING ADULTS
- Coaching Activities
- Creating and Maintaining a Safe and Welcoming Environment
- Information for Parents when Junior Players are away from Training Venue Form
- Junior Players in Competition
- Managing Children away from Main Training Venue
- Supervising Children at Table Tennis Sessions
- Welcome Letters for Parent/Carer
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Changing Rooms Policy
- Child Personal Information and Parental Consent Form
- E-Safety Policy
- Late Collection of Children Policy
- Missing Children Policy
- Photography and Video Policy
- Physical Contact Policy
- Safe Use of Social Media Policy
- Transportation Policy
- Unplanned Situations and Emergencies Policy
If you need any further information, please get in touch via our contact page.