BECOME A COACH
Are you interested in helping others grow their confidence and self-esteem?
Would you like to play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of young and old, help people achieve personal goals and maybe even their dreams, bring out the best in people’s character and become a role model in your community?
Then coaching is for you!
You don’t have to be an Olympic Gold Medal winning table tennis champion to be a coach – but you do need enthusiasm, a keen interest in helping the sport grow and the ability to engage, encourage and inspire others.
Table Tennis Wales can guide you through the process of becoming a licensed coach – with Level 1 and Level 2 coaching courses held here in Wales.
If you are interested in becoming a coach, the accompanying pages will give you more information. And if you have any questions, you can always contact the Table Tennis Wales team at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Is A Coach?
A coach is a person that can help, support and/or develop a learner in achieving a specific personal or professional goal by providing or enabling training and guidance.
Why Become A Coach?
Coaching has many different beneficial factors, here are some of the impacts of becoming a coach.
Benefits to you ‘The Coach’
- Helps to improve self confidence
- Increases engagement with people
- Gives a deeper understanding of different individuals and how they learn
- Helps to build personal awareness
- Improve your sports specific knowledge and skills
- Helping individuals and teams to improve and achieve their goals, giving you a greater sense of self-achievements.
- Creates a fun and challenging environment
- Giving something back to help the sport and people grow
Benefits to others
- Help people to engage and connect with others around them
- Grow confidence and self esteem
- Help to improve knowledge and skills to become more competent in any activities undertaken
- Develop and Improve personal character
- Support personal aims and goals (potentially helping people achieve their dreams)
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Becoming a role model for your community
- Help your local club grow and develop its members
Table Tennis Wales work in partnership with Table Tennis England and 1st4Sport to organize and deliver Coaching Qualifications in Table Tennis. We plan, organize and deliver Level 1 and Level 2 courses in Wales. The next step is Level 3 – Head Coach. This qualification is lead by the University of Gloucestershire and Table Tennis England.
To find out more details, to find or book onto a course, please visit Table Tennis England Coaching-Courses page.
ASPIRE TO COACH PROGRAMME
This programme has been manufactured to create additional learning opportunities outside of the coaching qualifications in order to help coaches grow whilst practicing their coaching.
An 18-month programme which is open to a cohort of new and active coaches, who are 16 and over.
This programme is designed to aid coach development, increase knowledge through a range of online and class based learning, as well as experiences gained in the field. In addition to having a mentor to help, guide and challenge your learning experiences.
The Benefits –
- Enhance session delivery, improve coaching skills and expand on technical knowledge
- Share and learn from experiences with other coaches, mentors, and tutors with the focus to improve personal attributes
- Help to support local clubs/communities through the power of coaching practise
- Formulate an Individual Development Plan to move forward and continue to challenge your development.
For more information or to register your interest in this programme, please email email@example.com
CPD - Coaching Programme
To enable Continues Personal Develop in the game, our national coaches and development officers engage with our qualified/licensed coaches through a series of workshops, either through webinars or development workshops/days
To find our more information please visit our social media pages, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need any further information, please get in touch via our contact page.